Acceptable forms of identification are:
- An identification card or driver’s license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles;
- A United States passport; or
- Any form of inmate identification issued by a sheriff’s department, if the inmate is in custody in a local detention facility.
- The following additional forms of identification may also be used, provided however that they contain a photograph, description of the person, signature of the person, and an identifying number:
- A valid passport from the applicant’s country of citizenship;
- A driver’s license or identification card issued by another state;
- An employee identification card issued by an agency or office of the State of California, or an agency or office of a city, county, or city and county in California; or
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government.
Any of these forms of identification must be current or issued within the last 5 years. Please note that the name on the ID must be exactly the same or longer than the name on the document being signed and notarized.